- Posted by Aliesha Jackson
Updated:29th January 2019
- Published: 29th January 2019
- In: Get Gardening
- Leave a comment
Suggestions For Enjoying Your Garden
Making your garden work for you can mean a lot of things to different people. The key is to find what makes you tick outside and drill down into that idea. You don’t have to be the next great gardener to enjoy spending time in your patch of greenery. We are going to take a look at some of the things you can do in your garden to find what makes you happy so that you can enjoy having an outside space.
We all spend lots of time making sure our homes are decorated to perfection. That means finding the right colours, flooring, furniture, etc. The same should apply to your garden, just like the rest of your house, it is somewhere you should want to spend plenty of time and not somewhere that just exists. There are plenty of things that you can do to give your garden a touch of your creativity and options are plentiful just like inside the home:
- Flooring – You can create your outside space to suit your needs. Options include the traditional grass or artificial grass. You might want to split your garden to have a concrete patio at the top and grass everywhere else.
- Lighting – You should want to use your garden in the evenings so make sure it is well lit with candles, solar wall lights, or outdoor lamps.
- Furniture – If you are going to be sitting outside, why would you compromise on your furniture? There are plenty of garden sets that come with comfort and practicalities in mind, so make sure you shop around.
Photo by photosforyou from Pixabay
Of course, the garden is ready made for you to start developing your green fingers. Depending on where your confidence levels are there are many different things to explore when it comes to flora and fauna. If you want to complement the exterior decor that we have discussed above, then you should look for plants that you enjoy looking at. Colours are plentiful and styles can take over an entire store. Here are a selection of ideas to give you some sort of plan for plants in the garden:
- Easy – Pansies, Sunflower and Hydrangea
- Hard – Azalea, Japanese Maples and Rhododendron
There may be some of you reading who want to turn your garden into your vegetable patch, and that is a great way to make the most of your outdoors. The sense of reward and accomplishment you get from adding your own homegrown crops to your plate cannot be underestimated and getting started is easier than ever. Here are some ideas for you:
- Vegetables – Peas, Runner Beans & Potatoes
- Fruits – Apples, Strawberries & Raspberries
The most important thing to do with your garden is to relax and enjoy it. If you are stressed out about your garden then you are doing it wrong. This should be a safe space for you to enjoy life outside of the home and the workplace. Whether you are developing a hobby or simply mowing the lawn before sipping a cold drink, make the most of your garden in a way that suits you.Previous PostNext Post