FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Tomatoes taking time to ripen.

Home Forums Gardening Discussions Fruit & Vegetables Tomatoes taking time to ripen.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  PaulaG 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Liznunn
    Participant

Is anyone else finding that in spite of the sunshine, their tomatoes are very slow to ripen? We are in North Yorkshire.

Jack
    Keymaster

Yep – same in Manchester – suppose we just have to be patient 🙂

Pplumb
    Participant

The same down here in Essex, even though they are in a greenhouse I have not fared any better but hoping they taste even better for having to wait 😁

Moominator23
    Participant

Mine have just started to ripen now and I’ve had a few of my yellow pear tomatoes ripen. They taste amazing

haywoodclaire
    Participant

Hi yes mine are taking ages to ripen, I thought the sun would have speeded it up but seems to have done the opposite, to mine at least. Hopefully they wont take too much longer!

Rubberduckuk
    Participant

Mine too but they have grown massive!
    Both the plant (which has taken over my patch, killing off some of my other crops) and the tomatoes themselves!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Rubberduckuk.

Kristina123
    Participant

Smae here in london

lspowart
    Participant

Thought I was the only one. Mine are just getting the first ‘blush’.

Linda

Kidsarmy01
    Participant

Same in west Sussex. Im finding when they are just about to redden , pick them and they ripen on windowsill. My plants are south facing too

debra goode
    Participant

mine are in a poly tunnel and are still slow ripening, runner beans have just starting doing good now it’s cooler, only thing that has done well in the sun are marrows, having a bumper crop of those

APM1984
    Participant

Mine are taking an eternity too! Any ideas on how best to ripen them? I don’t have a greenhouse.

Moominator23
    Participant

I brought some of my bunches in and placed them on a plate in the heat. That redeemed them

Marty Boy
    Participant

hi @moominator23 – what heat – was it just a sunny windowsill? Please let me know I’m really getting fed up waiting for my tomatoes to ripen

Moominator23
    Participant

Marty boy- heat in the kitchen and poss a sunny windowsill. I’m in Bolton so I’ve had my heating on lots lately as it’s been freezing and raining. Just brought my chilli plants in now too to give them some warmth

Marty Boy
    Participant

Thanks @moominator23
    I can’t really bring mine inside – they are planted inside my greenhouse – maybe I’ll put a heater in the greenhouse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2018 Go To 4 Gardening