FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

potatoes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Stone 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Verity94
    Participant

how high shoudl i be banking up potatos?

Boingboing
    Participant

High as you can really, but don’t worry about it. If you have soil that wants to grow potatoes then it will!

apples
    Participant

agree boing! i usually just give them a bit of a heap up whenever i think abotu it and have some soil going. they dont seem to mind about the quality of the soil.

FusciaHeaven
    Participant

you also dont need to worry too much about the plant above ground. mine are getting so tall now, ive bent and twisted them together to keep them out of the way.

Verity94
    Participant

ooo it’s getting close to harvest time on some of my earlies!!!! anyone else ready/almost ready to harvest?

GG
    Participant

I used Boris Legarni’s late planting tip – planted my potatoes mid june, kept them in my greenhouse for until mid july and got a bumper crop of earlies !!

chrisma
    Participant

Mine were ready to harvest last week and then i had them for dinner that very night.
    They were lovely and so full of flavour.I will be planting even more for next year so as i can have a bigger crop load.

Daniel Stone
    Participant

Yep – can’t beat home grown potatoes

Daniel Stone
    Participant

Are there any winter varieties of potatoes?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2018 Go To 4 Gardening