Mizuna

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Boingboing 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Boingboing
    Participant

I visited a garden yesterday and they were growing a lot of what looked like very spikes rocket. On closer inspection, it was an edible plant that l;looked like rocket – Mizuna. Confession ….After checking no-one was looking I ate a little bit. It didn’t really taste of anything! Why is *everyone* growing it? Am I missing something????

Luv2Dig
    Participant

there are a couple of different varities. it comes in different colours and can taste quite spicey – there are a couple on here :
    http://search.thompson-morgan.com/search?w=mizuna

Boingboing
    Participant

thanks!

so as an update ….. i grew some different ones on my windowsill and some are delicious!!!!!

Jen
    Participant

I love mizuna, especially the more peppery varieties.

Boingboing
    Participant

it;s proving quite the ‘cut and come again’ salad crop … what a bargain!!! very pleased i asked on here – what a helpful bunch you are 🙂 🙂

KeenGardener
    Participant

ive been repeat cutting mine for what feels like months. its a great ‘cut and come again’ veg!

Boingboing
    Participant

wow that was a long cutting/growing season!! i will be doing that again next year 🙂 might even try planting some every few weeks to make the season even longer!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2021 Go To 4 Gardening