Mental Health Hospital Garden

Home Forums General School Gardening Mental Health Hospital Garden

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  daniel67 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andru13
    Participant

Hi all, I started an indoors gardening group in a Mental Health Hospital and I’m hoping to move outdoors at some point.
    Do you have any suggestions for easy/cool ideas to do with service users? Which plants are better to start from seeds indoors? And when are they ready to plant in a pot?
    Thank you very much!

Germanium
    Participant

Hi Andru13,

Welcome to goto4gardening – and coongratulations for starting this gardening group. Well the classics would be tomatos, cucumbers, courgettes and peppers, but it’s a bit late for these now – why not try some winter radish?

Suzielou
    Participant

Vegetables are definitely the way to go. Many varieties can be grown in pots inside or out. Why not try pumpkins, marrows or squash?! They are fairly hardy and it’s great to watch them grow.

beenon
    Participant

Hello @andru13
    Welcome to this forum and good for you with your mental health gardening project.
    I’d go for Kale and winter salad greens now @suzielou don’t you think it’s a bit late to start planting squashes now?
    Beenon

daniel67
    Participant

hello

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2020 Go To 4 Gardening