Living Willow sculptures

Home Forums Gardening Discussions Trees Living Willow sculptures

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jen 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

PaulaG
    Participant

Last weekend I saw an amazing living willow sculpture that was being used as an outdoor classroom! Does anyone have any experience building them?

Thanks,
    Paula

Marty Boy
    Participant

Hey Paula,

LWS look great and are sooooooo easy!! Just buy some willow whips and poke them into the ground! There is a really good book by Jon Warnes ‘Living Willow Sculpture’ that I really recommend for advice on how to make sculptures and intricate-looking fences.

Marty 🙂

PaulaG
    Participant

Thanks, Marty. The one that I saw looked so brilliant. I’ve been searching online and there are so many different things that can be done with willow too. So much fun, think this is one DIY project that I might just have a go at!!

Paula

apples
    Participant

pretty cool. bascially an adult den 🙂

PaulaG
    Participant

update on my willow sculpture …

well i’ve read everything I can find and will be planting some willow whips in the autumn when i can get my hands on them!

Verity94
    Participant

you might need to wait until the winter for decent whips as they can really only be sold when the plant is dormant.

Boingboing
    Participant

Paula – have you bought your whips yet? Willow whips will only be available to buy for a few more weeks.

Jen
    Participant

This is a great site for whips: http://www.yorkshirewillow.co.uk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2020 Go To 4 Gardening