Growing in containers

Home Forums Gardening Discussions Fruit & Vegetables Growing in containers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa Brown 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dkrawczak
    Participant

After doing close to nothing last year, I plan to go all out this season. While I am more than confident growing Tomatoes, Beans/Peas, Chillis/Peppers, Potatoes, and herbs in containers, what about the following; perennial fruits like berries/currants, other root veg like carrots, and small fruit trees. I mainly interested in fruits this year, so any suggestions or advice about growing them in pots/containers would be greatly appreciated.

p.byrne3
    Participant

I’m at a similar stage of container gardening – in regards to fruit – what I have recently noticed are that there are particular cultivars of fruit that suit containers and baskets. So if like be you are thinking of growing blackberries/strawberries/raspberries look for cultivars that are particularly good for containers, which is what I am doing! Easy to find if you use google!

Lisa Brown
    Participant

I will let you know how mine go, ive just planted carrots in a pot (from carrot tops) im not sure if it actually makes carrots in the end but there was shoots 😅

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2020 Go To 4 Gardening