DIY wasp traps …

Home Forums Gardening Discussions Wildlife Gardening DIY wasp traps …

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Germanium 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Germanium
    Participant

maybe posting on the ‘wildlife gardening’ page is not the right place … but im sure that ive seen a post about how to make DIY wasp traps. I think then were flipped coke bottles?

Basketcase
    Participant

yup – cut a bottle in half, bit of beer or sweet stuff in the bottom and put the top inside the bottom of the bottle. Works a treat!

HaroldMe
    Participant

that sounds easy enough basketcase! i might have a go. i seem to have the odd wasp already (gah!) or maybe they are dopey ones left from last year?!

Germanium
    Participant

perfect, thanks basketcase

JohnEdges
    Participant

put one together today. worked a treat last year. no emptying either (like you kinda have to with the glass ones) just chuck it in a bag and throw it in the bin!

Boingboing
    Participant

Lots of little wasps this year, none of the huge angry ones yet!

srye
    Participant

I’ve been using coke on our traps and it’s working well, don’t like doing it but they are becoming very aggressive.

Germanium
    Participant

Hey – coke sounds like a good idea – mind you it’s getting harder and harder to find the old real sugary stuff – all seems to be diet and coke zero in the shops nowadays!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2021 Go To 4 Gardening