FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Come to say hello!

Home Forums New Member Introductions Come and Say Hello Come to say hello!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 53 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Kara Smith 2 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Newbiegardener
    Participant

Hi……I’m a newbie at this gardening lark……managed to grow carrots, beetroot and spring onions from seed so far but want to try flower seeds …..any ideas for sowing any in April/May ? 🌸🌺🌱🍅🍓

elainer
    Participant

Try foxgloves – they are a challenge but very satisfying if you get them growing

Allyj66
    Participant

Thanks @gerry, I do like a clematis. Will show the hubby, sure he will like as well

pococh2
    Participant

Dear ElaineR,
    You asked if you can upload photos? It seems you can ….. type in photo’s in the search bar top l.h.s. and you’ll see some interesting shots from members of this forum on various gardening matters.
    H.

Bee1
    Participant

hello every one,can’t wait to receive some free seeds!!….many thank you’s to go to 4 gardening!!!

hannah.honey
    Participant

hey! im new, im waiting on a move but i want to grow my own veggies, my ex tried and they sprouted but didnt last long, i was wondering how was best to do it?
    thinking peppers, chillies, carrots, potatoes and lettuce

upthegarden
    Participant

Hi, I’m new on here and looking forward to receiving my free seeds!

Allyj66
    Participant

One side of my garden is covered in liner and gravel. I’m going to use a third for veg. Nearly got the liner and gravel up and the soil underneath is really dark, almost black in colour. A long way to go yet but will this soil be good to grow in. Nothing has been grown apart from brambles in 13 years. Brambles are nearly gone apart from a couple against the wall, which will go once I did down. Any help appreciated

Smudgie
    Participant

Hello I’m new to gardening all I have is a 1 bedroom flat with no garden so I plan to window box my plants

kera
    Participant

Hello,

After growing fruit and veg for a few years, I have moved to a London flat with only window boxes, but still want to teach my little boy about growing fruit and Veg.

Kellyb
    Participant

Hi

I’m a novice too but love gardening. We’ve just got our first house with a garden last year and I’ve already got a vegetable patch and a greenhouse which I love.

Gerry
    Participant

@newbiegardener try cosmos and poppies – they are easy to grow from seed at this time of year

y2kat13
    Participant

Hi Everyone just moved into a new house with a massive garden having only lived in a terrace before. Got so much space and not sure what to do with it!

Alphonso68
    Participant

Hello
    Waiting to put seeds in my window boxes

beenon
    Participant

Hi @allyj66
    dark soil is usually the best – if it has been covered it will mean less nutrients have leached out and less weeds will have germinated so all in all it should be fantastic soil to get started with – Good luck

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2019 Go To 4 Gardening