FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Come to say hello!

Home Forums New Member Introductions Come and Say Hello Come to say hello!

This topic contains 99 replies, has 87 voices, and was last updated by  Jacqui75 5 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author

morgowen
    Participant

Hello,

I like to have a nice garden just not very good at it! I am trying to grow some fruit and vegetables so will see how that goes! Any tips?

thanks 🙂

Abi Jackson
    Participant

Hi

I’m Abi, a mum to three growing children and a passion for gardening

Joined the forum to add to my knowledge of all things related to gardening

See you on the inside

Abi

chaoticgardener
    Participant

hello 🙂

Justine
    Participant

Hi all, good to be here, looking forward to spring to start my gardening project 😊

Cooper78
    Participant

Hi, here for same reason just started taking an interest in my garden and after some advice.

kjohnston
    Participant

hello im kyle from dudley

pococh2
    Participant

Dear ‘Morgowen’,
    You can’t go wrong with tomatoes, and if this year’s Spring/summer weather is like last year they’ll be bountiful. If you’re not very confident start off buying some ready made tomato plants from EBay – “Moneymaker” or “Alicante” are two good kinds, and remember to get some good sturdy canes. Mint is dead easy to grow in a planter or large plastic pot, which goes nicely with potatoes which are also easy to grow. I use patio planter bags for mine as I have a v.small garden, if you wish you can buy them from Amazon (£11 for 3 bags) or EBay or again most reputable DIY stores. Lastly, another easy fruit to grow is strawberries – either grow in a large patio tub or buy as plug plants to hang as a planter. Hope that’s of help? And good luck.
    Cheers,
    Helen

Sandrewlouise
    Participant

Hi all. I’ve just started getting into gardening and have planted lots this weekend. Hoping to get lots of ideas from here. Sandy

elainer
    Participant

Hey Helen,
    Do you use the patio bags for your tomatoes or potatoes or both?
    Cheers
    Elaine

Lilyboon123
    Participant

Hello Everyone
    I am also new on this site, has anyone had a go at growing cucamelons on here? If so, any advice.
    Thanks in advance
    Sue

pococh2
    Participant

Hi ElaineR,
    I use a potato grow bag which has a clear panel to see how the spuds are doing. As for the tomatoes, I use a high planter with a teepee arrangement of canes simply because I find that easier. I also have no love for slugs and snails, so a high planter on two bricks makes life difficult for them! Have used a gro-bag in the past, and as I’ve only got a small garden found it used up too much space. Good luck this year, hope it all goes well.
    Helen

elainer
    Participant

Thanks for your help Helen,
    Do you know if you can upload pictures on this forum?

triplechance
    Participant

Hi, I am also new to gardening. I have just got rid of my tatty grass and put in artificial turf so I can concentrate on growing some beautiful flowers and maybe some fruit as well. I have a 4 year old cherry tree and plum tree, a three year old pear tree and a teo year old victoria plum. they are in blossom at the moment. i did put some glue wraps on them last october as advised by my friend. i have just planted a couple of strawberries. the rest of my pots and planters are flowers.
    Does anybody know anything about a honey berry?

Allyj66
    Participant

Hi, recently moved to a house that has a fair size garden. One side was covered in brambles. Hard work getting rid of those. Garden was covered in liner and gravel in 2006 so I’m hoping it got lovely soil underneath 😁. A third of one side will be a veg plot eventually, not as big as an allotment but it’s only 2 of us. It’ll be divided by a fence and archway, looking for ideas for easy to manage climbers that will give some colour and be ok in pots.

Gerry
    Participant

Hi @triplechance
    Lonicera caerulea also known as blue honey suckle (honey berries) are a really different but easy to grow berry. Just make sure to plant at least 2 and preferably more to help with pollination.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2019 Go To 4 Gardening