Children's books

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  YH 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

PaulaG
    Participant

Does anyone have suggestions for a children’s gardening book(s) that goes beyond cress and sunflowers? It is for an 8 year old.

Thanks,
    Paula

FusciaHeaven
    Participant

Hey Paula,

The DK ‘RHS Garden Projects’is a great book for getting children busy in the garden.

F

FusciaHeaven
    Participant

Had another thought – most of the big gardens that you can visit, have all sorts of children’s books inc ones that you can take around the garden to explore with. I know that Kew Gardens do one called (something like) ‘The Kew Explorer’ … or is that the name of their golf-buggy thing?

RHS gardens have some great books in their shops that you can have a good look through too 🙂

F

PaulaG
    Participant

Perfect, thanks Fuscia!

Gnomation
    Participant

How about “The animals of farthing wood” – will definitely encourage an interest in nature and wildlife preservation. I loved reading this many years ago when I was 8!

PaulaG
    Participant

now there is an idea Gnomation! that wasn’t the type of book on my mind, but i think ill give it a go 🙂

YH
    Participant

What about Watership down to get them interested in wildlife etc. Waning though, you may end up having to buy them a pet rabbit…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2020 Go To 4 Gardening