FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Children and gardening

Home Forums Getting Started Getting off the ground with gardening. Children and gardening

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jack 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jlt_84
    Participant

I’m new here, want to get my daughter in to gardening what is the best way to do this?

I found by giving my 21 month old her own little gardening set she watched me and her nan do some weeding and she copied us so we gave her lots of praise and now we can’t get her out of the garden hope this helps

Emcorcoran
    Participant

Tomato plants are great for little ones. My 3 year old loves picking her tomatoes for the family dinner. Also sunflowers are easy to grow and just make you smile. We have also grown cress in an egg shell that I decorated with googily eyes,

Luv2Dig
    Participant

Hello @jlt_84 @Carrieann Whittington @emcorcoran
    Welcome to this friendly gardening forum. Generally kids love gardening – it’s just about encouraging this natural tendency and not putting them off by giving them the arduous chores like too much weeding or gathering rubbish!

Enjoy the site –

Jamespowell
    Participant

Hi all im new to this site but my daughter absolutely loves doing the garden with me and not just the easy stuff we completely ckeared about 20m2 off brambles the other week, we replanted the lawn after the harsh summer and we have just built 3 new flower beds st the front of our house. I live in south wales right on the coast.

Jack
    Keymaster

Hello @jlt_84 @cazmo77678 @emcorcoran @jamespowell

A very warm welcome to our friendly gardening forum. We have a couple of articles on the site about how to encourage children to garden

As well as all the great advice you’ll get here from experienced gardeners, did you know that each time you post on the forum you earn 100 points?
    100 points are worth a £1 discount in our webshop – if you post 10 times that will get you a £10 discount etc
    All the best
    Jack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2018 Go To 4 Gardening