FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Beginners Advice

This topic contains 16 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  KitCath 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

KitCath
    Participant

We’re turning part of our back garden into a mini allotment and each of our children (4, 6, 10) are having their own sections. Any advice for obvious fails that we will encounter? Or things that we might not notice until its too late? Has anyone ever actually successfully managed to get a hyperactive 4 year old to grow anything?

Kit.

Melandy2806
    Participant

My 4 younger boys have loved gardening since they were about 3 years old, for every row of seeds they plant they get 5 minutes in the mud kitchen making mud pies, they love it.

Kables91
    Participant

Hello would like to know whats the best compost to use for veg?.

MrsDLEdwards
    Participant

I’m a complete beginner. I don’t have a large space, but I want to make a small little haven at the back of my house. I love wildflowers, and i want to help to encourage wildlife – any tips for a complete novice?
    Thanks,

Debbie

surya.sri
    Participant

Moved into a new house and getting my hands dirty with gardening. Really good feeling

m.ratcliffe88
    Participant

Just do it!! 🙂

stuartieboy16
    Participant

What type of compost do I need to plant vegetables in my back garden?

12boulla
    Participant

thanks

Kerryking13
    Participant

Can’t way to get my beans in they come out amazing every year

Erob
    Participant

Hello, I have just moved into a new house and the grass is covered in moss which just leaves mud patches behind when removed. What is the best way to fix this and also to stop the moss coming back?

Thanks! 🙂

SammieE91
    Participant

Hiya, im new to gardening.. i have done my first cut and turned my soil but wanted to know what seeds will be best to make my garden bright and colourful…? Many thanks

Sophieed
    Participant

@Kabels91 hey! I’ve just started my own veggie patch and had read all purpose compost was the best if you haven’t got your own compost ready.

Shellyp254
    Participant

Am trying lavender again this year no success in previous years bought a dearer compost and miracle grow wait and see I suppose

shrubbsy86uk
    Participant

how do i get my Lupins to flower. they wont flower but have a lot of leaves!!!

Shpulch
    Participant

@shrubbsy86uk lupins need sun to make them flower maybe it’s too early for them. When did they flower last year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2019 Go To 4 Gardening