FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Any tips for new gardener that has a dog that likes to dig

Home Forums Gardening Discussions Pests & Diseases Any tips for new gardener that has a dog that likes to dig

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sadie 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kerribooth
    Participant

Hello all,

I would love to have a beautiful garden with lots of pretty flowers but any time I plant something my dog seems to think the flower bed is her outside bed that has cushioning for her and anything she doesn’t like being where she likes, she will dig it up and then chew it.

Any suggestions of what to do as I want to do more planting with the children but don’t want it to be destroyed?

Thanks for reading

FlorenceB
    Participant

Hi, we also have a dog (Chihuahua) who likes to dig up. We have separated “our” area and “his” area by a gate so while we are at work he cannot have access to the whole garden. He can have the freedom to use the whole garden only when we are around and only if he is behaving 🙂 (ie no barking and no digging up mummy’s pretty flowers) Hope it helps. Good luck.

kerribooth
    Participant

Thanks FlorenceB, it may be worth looking into.

sadie
    Participant

Hi all, Im thinking of doing a chamomile lawn as the dog has wee’d all over my lawn and killed the grass. Do you think this would work or do I need to get artificial grass?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2019 Go To 4 Gardening