Try These Delicious Autumnal Recipes
Two of my greatest loves are gardening and cooking; we are entering the perfect season for me to indulge! I thought I’d gather some tried and tested recipes from my friends and family and share them with you. Enjoy!
The Best Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Yes, I do indeed make this claim! The best rhubarb crumble recipe as given to me by a very good friend.
For the crumble topping:
- Rub together sugar, ground almonds, flour, and nutmeg. Make sure that there are no lumps!
- 500g of muscovado sugar
- 330g of ground almonds
- 800g of flour
- 1/2 nutmeg, grated
- Add the butter until you have ‘breadcrumbs.’ Then stir in the hazelnuts and almonds.
- 500g of butter
- 160g of flaked almonds
- 130g of hazelnuts
The delicious filling for the best rhubarb crumble recipe
Cook the apples, cinnamon and 40g of the sugar on a low-medium heat. Annoying the mixture regularly
- 1kg of peeled, cored and diced apple. There can really only be one choice here, the Bramley.
- 80g of brown sugar
- cinnamon to taste. I quite like to spinkle extra cinnamon over the finshed and baked crumble!
Once the sugar has been dissolved, the apples should now be softened and caramelized. Now add in my favourite autumnal flavour – the rhubarb! Sprinkle on the rest of the sugar and cook for around 2 minutes.
- 500g of rhubarb, chopped
Cooking the best rhubarb crumble recipe
Preheat the oven to 200°C which is gas mark 6
- Put the filling into a large ovenproof dish (I like to use a clear one so I can enjoy the colour). Sprinkle over the topping and cook in the oven until the top is lovely and gold.
Spicy pumpkin soup recipe
Some of the best pleasures in life are the simplest. A cold autumn day (they are coming!) and a lovely big bowl of this spicy pumpkin soup recipe are just the thing. Sink your spoon into my neighbour’s wonderful spicy pumpkin soup recipe.
Ingredients for the spicy pumpkin soup recipe
3 chopped shallots
3 minced cloves of garlic
Grated ginger to taste
2 tsp Medium Curry Powder (I use Bart’s)
750g cubed squash or pumpkin
1 can of Coconut Milk
400ml vegetable stock
50g pumpkin seeds
Method for the spicy pumpkin soup recipe
- Cook the shallots in sunflower oil until soft
- Add in ginger, garlic, and curry powder. Stir well
- Stir in the pumpkin, stock, and coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a good 10 mins (you are looking for the pumpkin to be quite tender)
- Once the soup is cool, blend until smooth.
My favourite way to finish off my spicy pumpkin soup recipe is to scatter in the bowl toasted pumpkin seeds – a few at the bottom of the bowl and a few on the top of the soup is my autumn treat!
I am salivating just thinking about these two lovely recipes. I hope that you enjoy giving them a go. Why not try the spicy pumpkin soup recipe for a starter and the best rhubarb crumble recipe for pudding?Previous PostNext Post