FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

What are the best gardening gloves available

Home Forums Getting Started Getting off the ground with gardening. What are the best gardening gloves available

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  GG 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Basketcase
    Participant

Evening all (or is it morning?)

I’m after a new pair of garden gloves for general gardening jobs and some light maintenance work.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Greenfingers
    Participant

I swear by the Town and Country Professional Master Gardener gloves. You can pick them up for around £8 in most garden centres. They are waterproof, rose proof, and last forever (well, a long time!

GF

Germanium
    Participant

Hey Basketcase,

I usually go into a garden centre and buy a couple of pairs of their cheapest gloves! I’m always losing the odd one!

G

Verity94
    Participant

Have to admit that I usually just buy whatever looks like the best deal! I’m a sucker for a 2-4-1 offer.

Verity

Gardening God
    Participant

Have to admit I love the Gold Leaf gloves – they are endorsed by the RHS 🙂

GG

Abi Jackson
    Participant

Ooo yes, I love the Gold Leaf gloves! I saw them at Chelsea Flower Show a few years ago and haven’t looked back since.

Have a look at their website http://www.goldleaf-gloves.com

Abi

Luv2Dig
    Participant

Evening Basketcase,

I prefer the latex-coasted gloves as they mean I can garden regardless of the wet weather. (they are also prety cheap!)

L2D

JoshGus
    Participant

I agree with GF – the Master Gardener gloves are great gloves and a steal. Great for roses and keep your hands dry while watering too.

I’d recommend them every day of the week.

Josh

Gardening God
    Participant

Hi Basketcase,

I know you said gloves … but have you thought about a barrier cream for your hands? There are several great ones available – I use them all of the time 🙂

GG

Marty Boy
    Participant

Spot on there GG. I use a barrier cream when I am tinkering with mowers/cars/bikes. Means that I can really feel what I am doing and the grip is fine. Also, when you wash it off you are left with lovely soft hands!

Marty

Basketcase
    Participant

Some good ideas here, thanks. I know quite a few people who use the Master Gardener gloves. When I went to Chelsea Flower Show I saw the Gold Leaf gloves, but the stand was just too busy to get close enough – maybe that is an advert in itself! Hadn’t thought about Barrier Cream – I’ll investigate further.

Thanks everyone 🙂

Grabede
    Participant

I love the gold leaf

Basketcase
    Participant

I tried the Gold Leaf gloves …. converted! Nothing else, ever again!

thanks everyone

Abi Jackson
    Participant

just noticed They’ve got an article on this site here about choosing the best gardening gloves for different kinds of gardening work

GG
    Participant

I love gold leaf gloves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2018 Go To 4 Gardening