FORUM MENUFORUM MENU

Successional sowing

Home Forums Gardening Discussions Greenhouse Growing Successional sowing

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Greenfingers 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

HaroldMe
    Participant

Successional sowing – apart from lettuce (yuk!) do any of you practice successional sowing for vegetables? Any top tips for successional sowing?

Thank you
    Harold

Verity94
    Participant

Hi Harold,

I plant carrots using this method every fortnight is good for most quick growing plants if you want to practice successional sowing.

Verity

Verity94
    Participant

Hi Harold,

Me again! You could do successional growing with most of the vegetables that Boris has mentioned in one of his weekly posts for this week.

Verity

JoshGus
    Participant

Yes, agree with Verity – fortnightly. I love pesto, a fortnightly plant of basil keeps me in pasta dinners!

Josh

KeenGardener
    Participant

If you are short on space a good tip for successional sowing is to start the plants in trays then transplant when you are ready for them.

Anonymous

Hi Harold,

Going with Keen’s suggestion – while not in the garden, you can practice sucessional sowing all year round indoors with the smaller salad and herb crops.

Lindsey

Abi Jackson
    Participant

Have you seen how much supermarkets charge for Pak Choi?? It’s so easy to grow and you can easily grow far more than you can eat!!

Abi

PaulaG
    Participant

Hey Harold,

Another post for you:

Paula

HaroldMe
    Participant

Some great tips here thanks, everyone. Doesn’t Boris write great articles, hey?!

Harold

Greenfingers
    Participant

Has anyone used this garden planting planner tool?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2018 Go To 4 Gardening