January 21, 2018

Living walls (gardening vertically)

Posted In: Garden Design
  • Profile photo of Jez Payne
    Jez Payne on: 11th February 2017 at 11:36 am #10919

Hi everyone

I am getting involved with a group of students (14 -18 years old) who are looking to create a living wall out of old pallet boards. I have conducted a great deal of research on the internet and have seen garden designs that are both stunning and architecturally magnificent. However well beyond their means and abilities at this stage to create can any of you suggest a good link to do further research and what type of plants do well in a vertical wall?

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack on: 17th February 2017 at 12:42 pm #10946

Hi Jez,

I actually met yesterday with a company who specialize in living wall design. They are very scientifically minded and are even looking at developing an aquaponic living wall system! anyhow I will be in touch with them next week and ask for their advice (don’t worry – I will mention limited means and abilities 🙂 )

Will keep you posted

Enjoy the site

Jack

Profile photo of Jen
    Jen on: 2nd March 2017 at 9:40 pm #10970

Hey Jez,

Where are you based? Have you seen the living wall that is on the side of The Rubens Hotel in London? It’s quite something to look at!
    https://www.rubenshotel.com/about/the-living-wall

Jen

Profile photo of PottedGirl
    PottedGirl on: 8th March 2017 at 10:06 pm #11013

Hey Jez,

What a great sounding project! I’d be fascinated to hear/see more as it develops.

Best of luck!
    PG

Profile photo of FusciaHeaven
    FusciaHeaven on: 14th March 2017 at 8:52 am #11057

Thanks for posting that Jen – looks interesting. Although … i did get side tracked looking at the services they provide for their canine guests … oh London!

Profile photo of YH
    YH on: 16th November 2017 at 6:01 pm #16015

Hi Jez,

What happened with this project – did you get anywhere?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.