April 22, 2018

Container Gardening

Posted In: Come and Say Hello
  • Profile photo of Helena Rodrigues
    Helena Rodrigues on: 22nd March 2017 at 9:23 pm #11123

Hello all, I’m looking for hints & tips on container gardening…

Profile photo of Jen
    Jen on: 22nd March 2017 at 11:19 pm #11124

Hi Helena,

Welcome to the forum! We’re all quite friendly here 🙂

Are there any particular plants you want to grow? Do you already have some pots that you would like to fill? How much light does your garden get during different times of the day?

I have quite a few pots in my garden. In larger pots (H40 Dia40) I have some miniature fruit trees, troughs with echinacea, pots with crocus bulbs, pots with winter pansies …. the list goes on. In the summer I move more towards herbs and strawberries as I can move them about until they are happy with the sunlight (I find strawberries to be quite light-sensitive)

If you are looking to grow fruit/veg, I recommend: ‘Permaculture in Pots’ by Juliet Kemp.

Any help?

Jen

Profile photo of beenon
    beenon on: 24th March 2017 at 9:38 pm #11134

hey helena,

I had a quick look on pinterest for ‘container gardening’ and there are some awesome pots there! https://uk.pinterest.com/wwwdreamyardcom/container-gardening-ideas/ Pick a couple and people on here can try to name the plants for you 🙂

Profile photo of Lin Young
    Lin Young on: 29th December 2017 at 1:35 pm #16100

I love my pots – also do a lot as presents – but to save I now buy plain terracotta and paint pots to personalise them – have had such wonderful feedback

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.